Our Journal Club is an opportunity for patients and members of the public from across UCLPartners to come together and discuss academic literature relating to the work of UCLPartners. This includes scholarly articles on patient and public involvement, and patient experience.
There are several aims to our Journal Club, which include:
- Learning about recent developments in work related to UCLPartners (e.g. patient safety, innovation, quality improvement) and of interest to our patient and public colleagues
- Developing critical thinking skills around health research
- Learning about the health research publication process, and improving understanding of openly available academic research
- Understanding medical jargon
- Providing a forum for our patient and public colleagues to network with each other, and learn of other health experiences and conditions
- Providing a forum for UCLPartners staff and our patient and public colleagues to interact
What we offer
We meet every couple of months at UCLPartners’ offices, with light refreshments. We reimburse travel up to £25, and offer a £10 voucher. We post paper copies of each article to those who request this.
Who is it for?
The group is for any of our Patient and Public colleagues, although we keep meetings limited to the first 12 responders so we can keep the discussion meaningful.
How to join
If you are interested in learning more about our Journal Club, have a paper you would like to present, or would like to attend a meeting, please email Erin.Walker@uclpartners.com