UCLPartners’ in-house experts can help businesses and innovators understand the NHS and how to launch your product or technology to market.
Do you have a product, technology or service that could benefit the NHS? Is your product ready to launch into the health and care sector, or already on the market?
What we offer
Our team of in-house experts provide bespoke advice, signposting and support for innovators and businesses with products and technologies on or close to market, or that may be ready to spread across the NHS.
If your technology is at an earlier stage of development, we provide Market Insight Briefings to help you understand the healthcare ecosystem, the NHS and how AHSNs may be able to support you.
UCLPartners is keen to help companies understand a realistic path to adoption and procurement into the NHS. We often work with companies who have some compelling clinical evidence but very little research or insight into the market for their product or the real-world impact of implementation, both of which is imperative to help convince procurement.
We work as part of The Innovation Exchange – a AHSN coordinated approach to identify, select and support the adoption of innovations that improve our economy and patients’ lives.
Please complete our Innovator enquiry form so we can understand what help and advise you would need with your product or service.
We are focussing our support on those areas that will have the greatest impact on patient care, align with the priorities of our local health systems and help us achieve our vision of improving the health of our population.
While we are interested in hearing from companies across a range of healthcare areas, we are particularly keen on products that meet needs in the following areas:
- Mental health
- Patient safety
- Population health management
- Information sharing
- Patient self-management
Our team includes a mix of backgrounds from molecular biology and clinical through to NHS management, IT and commissioning. This multi-disciplinary group understands the science of the technology, the potential challenges the company may face when working with the NHS, and the business case required for procurement.
With external facing roles bringing new innovation through to our NHS facing personnel, we are in a good position to help with adoption and spread of new technology.
How can we help you?
We focus on innovators who have a technology or service near or ready for market. If you are at an earlier stage we can signpost to another organisation for help.
Please complete our Innovator enquiry form so we can understand what help and advise you would need – we will be in touch with our next steps.
What stage do you think your technology is at?
- Clinical Development: Product still needs development support from academic or clinical partners e.g. clinical trials or prototype development.
- Clinical Validation: Efficacy has been proven but the product has not been tested in a wider patient population or clinical setting , also to include health economic analysis.
- Need for Market Research: The ‘need’ for the product on a large scale is unclear, the business case and size of the market is unclear.
- Real World Validation: The use of the product in a real-world setting has not been tested, the usability and implementation process has not been defined.
- Spread: The product has compelling evidence to support scale up into other NHS organisations: to include budget impact models and a case study.
Download our leaflet for innovators.
Eastern AHSN has produced the following series of useful fact sheets to help innovators:
- Intellectual Property (download)
- Product Development (download)
- Market Assessment (download)
- Commercialisation Models (download)
- Regulatory Considerations (download)
You can also access our Funding Opportunities for Innovators here.