Excellence in postgraduate medical and dental education celebrated at awards ceremony
On the 29 March, UCLPartners hosted its second annual Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education (PGMDE) Awards. The evening was a great success, bringing together around 90 trainers, trainees and medical education professionals from across the partnership. The awards offer a unique opportunity for UCLPartners to recognise and celebrate the excellence that exists within our partnership, which is reflected in the commitment and passion of colleagues who work above and beyond to develop education and training within our programmes.
We are delighted to extend warm congratulations to this year’s winners and those who were highly commended for their dedicated contribution to medical and dental health education.
This year’s 11 categories and their winners include:
- Higher trainee of the year – Anna Hartley, GUM
- Core trainee of the year – Emma Dean, Core Medical Training
- Trainer of the year – Caroline Fertleman, Paediatrics, Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Training Programme Management Committee (TPMC) Chair of the year – Dilip Visvanathan, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Training Programme Director (TPD) of the year – Deborah Low, Clinical Radiology
- Director of Medical Education of the year – Sanjiv Sharma, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Medical Education Manager of the year – Val Dimmock, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Neetu Nandra, North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Innovative integrated working across primary and secondary care settings – Celia Bielawski, Pauline Leonard and Rhodri Edwards, Care of older people and oncology with specialist interest in communication
- Innovative simulation training of the year – Managing miscarriage course, Barts Health NHS Trust and Bini Thomas and Aarohee Desai-Gupta, North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Educational supervisor of the year – Eimear Brannigan, Infectious Diseases, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Clinical supervisor of the year – Matthew Hogg, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Barts Health NHS Trust
Professor Mike Roberts, Programme Director for Education at UCLPartners, welcomed guests and presented the awards to the lucky winners. Professor Roberts encouraged those present to continue to get involved with UCLPartners and to bring any new ideas for education and training forward. Full details of all the winners and those highly commended can be found here.
The event created a lot of social media attention with award winners and commended nominees proudly tweeting photos of their certificates and stakeholders tweeting their congratulations to winners using our event hashtag #UCLPEdAwards.