The AHSN Network at the Health and Care Innovation Expo – 2 and 3 September 2015
Next month sees the Health and Care Innovation Expo, one of the main events in the health and social care calendar, attracting around 5,000 visitors, returning to Manchester. The AHSN Network will be running an ‘AHSN Zone’, where visitors will have opportunity to find out more about the work of The AHSN Network and in particular the areas of focus for their local AHSN.
Also available at the stand will be “Cracking the innovation nut” a jointly produced briefing with NHS Confed, which sets out the barriers to diffusion innovation and makes recommendations to address them. Visitors to the stand will also be able to pick up copies of the new AHSN Impact Report, which sets out the main achievements of the AHSNs over the last year.
In addition to the “AHSN Zone”, some of the AHSNs will also be running pop-up universities, sharing learning and best practice from their work. These sessions are as follows:
- Innovation from – and by – the frontline: AHSNs’ roles in making innovation everybody’s business (Workshop 17 at pop-up uni 10 – Wednesday at 3pm)
- Interpreting NICE mental health guidance for local adoption – challenges and opportunities (Workshop 9 at pop-up uni 10 – Wednesday at 4pm)
- System-wide patient safety through collaboration and innovation (Workshop 7 at pop-up uni 2 – Thursday at 11am)
- Precision medicine (Workshop 3 at pop-uni 3 – Wednesday at 12pm)
- SBRI healthcare – bringing new technologies to the NHS (Workshop 11 at pop-up uni 4 – Wednesday 3pm)
Richard Stubbs, Commercial Director at Yorks and Humber and Liz Mear, Chief Executive of North West Coast will be speaking on the main stage on Wednesday 2 September at 2pm, discussing the NHS Innovation AcceleratorProgramme.
For more information about The AHSN Network’s presence at the Expo, please contact Sarah Booth, Head of Communications for Greater Manchester AHSN.