UCLPartners Aspiring Improvers Programme
UCLPartners has selected 12 individuals to become the first cohort of the Aspiring Improvers programme. The participants come from across north central and east London and Essex, and have a wide range of backgrounds.
We believe that improvement should be part of everyone’s job in health and social care, but often the development opportunities in this field, particularly in terms of peer support and networks, are restricted to particular roles or levels of seniority. The Aspiring Improvers programme aims to develop and inspire people working in health and social care who are in support roles or early in their career and who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for and commitment to improvement.
The programme provides training and development to help participants build their skills, knowledge and understanding of improvement. In addition, it will connect people at the start of their improvement journey and provide opportunity for open dialogue in a safe environment away from the usual workplace, offering time and space to reflect and plan.
Through this new network, participants will support each other, their own organisations and others in delivering better results for patients and populations. Importantly, they will also better equip themselves and their organisations to progressively improve over time.
The 12 month programme includes:
- Training in Quality Improvement skills
- Workshops which will include talks on improvement from experts and provide the opportunity to reflect and explore ideas, challenges and priorities
- Action Learning Sets providing additional peer support and challenge
- The opportunity to turn an improvement idea into a reality by designing and running an improvement project
- The opportunity to network and build a community of people to turn to for inspiration, support and expertise that go beyond current local and professional networks and endure over time, beyond the formal programme
- The opportunity to gain access to wider communities of improvers, such as the UCLPartners Improvement Fellows
- Access to learning resources
This initiative will help make those involved become visible and effective and further support development and improvement capability. Organisations will benefit not only from participant’s development, but also from better access to great ideas, opportunities and talent from across the system, which can then be harnessed and deployed for wider benefit.
The Aspiring Improvers Programme was established in December 2017. We selected 12 individuals for the first cohort, each of whom was nominated by one of our Improvement Fellows before going through an application process. Our Improvement Fellows will act as mentors to the participants as they develop their skills over the 12 month programme.
Find out about our first cohort of improvers here.
The Aspiring Improvers Programme is led by Kate Hall, Director of Capability, UCLPartners
For more information, please contact us via QI@uclpartners.com