Interim Deputy Programme Director, Primary Care Innovation/ CVD, UCLPartners
24 November 2020
Closing date and interview
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 24 November
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 1 December
UCLPartners, 170 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7HA (although all teams are predominantly working from home at this time)
The programme/ project
UCLPartners has set up an ambitious programme of work to prevent hearts attacks and strokes at scale across our geography. Aligning with the commitments set out in the NHS Long Term Plan, the programme aim is to support a step change improvement in the detection and management of atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure and high cholesterol in order to prevent heart attacks and strokes at scale and to reduce health inequalities.
With the start of the pandemic, the programme pivoted in recognition of the need to provide timely support to primary care to prevent an exacerbation of long-term conditions. As a result, UCLPartners rapidly developed a series of frameworks and support package for primary care including search and stratification tools, Pathways that prioritise patients for follow up, support remote delivery of care, and identify what elements of LTC care can be delivered by staff such as Health Care Assistants; Training for staff to deliver education, self-management support and brief interventions. Training includes health coaching and motivational interviewing; Digital and other resources that support remote management and self-management.
Overall, the programme encompasses three areas:
- Implementation and spread of the Long-term conditions’ frameworks both across the UCLPartners geography and nationally
- Making every contact count – supporting NHS partners to identify and manage staff with one or more of the high-risk conditions that can lead to heart attacks and stroke
- Reducing the incidence of cardiovascular disease for people living with serious mental illness
This role will work closely with the Clinical Programme Director to deliver the programme encompassing the three areas outlined above. The individual will lead on the operational aspects of the programme but play a hands-on role supporting the wider team and partners across the geography to deliver this ambitious programme.
- Applicants will demonstrate a passion for implementation of innovation in to practice for patient and population benefit. This will be demonstrated through their experience and career to date, alongside the following
- Relevant clinical or managerial qualifications plus a higher academic degree, e.g. MD/MS or PhD or evidence of an equivalent level.
- Active involvement in continuing professional development
- Excellent track record of collaboration and establishing constructive inter-agency partnerships across a range of stakeholders including patients, health care professionals, academics and colleagues from the voluntary and private sectors
- Substantial managerial experience including programme management of either implementation of innovation into practice and/or development/fellowship programmes.
- Track record of programme management across multiple agencies across a wide geography.
- Ability to map, analyse and represent complex and challenging issues to external partners in healthcare and more widely across voluntary sector, academia, industry the NHS and government.
- Organised and meticulous in terms of project management including communications, reporting, financial management, record keeping
- Ability to identify, define, promote, communicate and achieve clear organisational values and goals, effective management processes and rational and timely decision making.
- A robust understanding of national health and social care strategy, of healthcare policy (including innovation and clinical research initiatives) and the landscape (commissioning, provision and innovation)
- High emotional intelligence
- Flexible – able to work within a face paced environment and manage complexity
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 1 December. If you are interested in this role, please read the full job description found here.