Clinical Director, North Thames Genomic Medicine Service Alliance
4 December 2020
The NT GMSA is a partnership across North East, Central and West London health and care partners including Trusts in West Hertfordshire and Mid and South Essex, and the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
As an expanded partnership, we aim to combine expertise in patient and public involvement, community outreach, clinical capabilities and excellent track record in research to achieve a step change in delivering genomics medicine for our population.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Clinical Director will work across the partnership to develop and deliver the NHS GMS Alliance business plan, with a robust mechanism to track delivery and outcomes. The Clinical Director will work with a clear and integrated governance structure with the North Thames Genomic Medicine Laboratory Hub and clinical genetic services.
- The Director will ensure the values of fairness, justice, equality, inclusion, dignity and respect is woven throughout the work of the GMSA
- The Clinical Director will set the strategic direction and oversee all aspects of the clinical activity of the GMS Alliance. The Clinical Director should be able to demonstrate significant leadership experience and expertise in genomics and be a practicing clinician in this area.
- The Clinical Director will build strong collaborations across our large and diverse population working with patients and the public to build trust in genomics, providing clinical leadership to enable the multi-professional workforce to use genomics safely, effectively and efficiently with a commitment to reducing unwarranted variation and delivering the NHS Long Term Plan commitments outcomes for patients in our geography with a focus on mainstreaming genomic medicine.
- Work with the Chair to support the Partnership Board.
- Lead a multi-professional team across a large and diverse geography.
- Build and support the Alliance Network including but not limited to Primary Care Networks
Criteria – Essential/Desirable – Assessment (Application/Interview)
- Practicing clinician in the NHS at consultant level with expertise in genomic medicine registered with the GMC
- Expert understanding and knowledge of inherited and/or cancer genomics
- Experience at Clinical Director level or equivalent, working in the local clinical community
- Considerable experience of building and developing strong and effective teams and providing robust and visible leadership in a range of public facing and challenging environments.
- A track record of strategic, board level leadership in a large complex public sector, private or third sector organisation.
- Committed to mainstreaming genomics
- Satisfactory record of continuous professional development.
- Evidence of participation in management development opportunities.
- Evidence of participation in education.
- Sound knowledge of clinical governance and effective systems of medical management such as job planning, appraisal and clinical assessment.
- Evidence of being involved in improving health inequalities.
- Demonstrates good strategic awareness of wider NHS issues and the implication of NHS drivers on Trust services.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
Applications will close at 5pm on 4 December.
Interviews will be held 14 December.