We are bringing together academic, NHS, and industry to support the COVID-19 response.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we are harnessing academic, clinical and industry expertise across our partnership. Our key areas of focus are outlined below.
Embedding learning across the health system
We are drawing on our clinical academic networks to deliver:
- rapid sharing of frontline insights and emerging evidence on COVID-19 management in intensive care, running knowledge sharing discussions with the Intensive Care Society and facilitating a virtual improvement collaborative open to all ICU staff in the partnership.
- a physical health COVID-19 advice and support network for London mental health trusts.
Accelerating the adoption of new models of care
- We are supporting primary care innovation across our partnership and are providing a long term condition management package based on new pathway development, virtual consultations, digital solutions and optimal use of the wider primary care team.
- We are enabling remote consultation in secondary care by helping NHS partners to access tools for video consultations, such as Attend Anywhere, and providing guidance on setting up non face-to-face clinics.
Supporting improvements in patient safety and quality
As part of the Patient Safety Collaborative Programme we are:
- improving the quality and safety of care for patients who need a temporary tracheostomy after being treated in ICU
- improving the identification and management of deteriorating patients
- supporting improvements in the safety of maternity and neonatal services
- supporting care home staff to prevent dehydration in residents, assessing deterioration and end of life care planning
Leveraging data and analytics for better health and care
As the host of DATA-CAN: The Health Data Research Hub for Cancer, including monitoring cancer activity (including referrals), analysing prioritisation and waiting list management, and providing insights to improve care and outcomes.
We are also working with London Regional Office to determine how to best support the London plan across the three AHSNs, and working across our Applied Research Collaboration and Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) to develop an evaluation offer for the new care pathways introduced during COVID.
We provide advice and support to our NHS partners regarding technologies that can support their response to COVID-19.
If you are a company with a product that could support the response to COVID-19, please tell us about it by completing our Company Engagement form.