These materials and resources are designed to help primary care teams deliver personalised, education, self-management and behaviour change for patients. The resources include:
- Protocols/suggested wording to guide consultations
- Training and education materials
The following protocols (suggested wording) to guide consultations could be used by Health Care Assistants (HCA), social prescribers, pharmacy technicians, physician associates or health and wellbeing advisors, depending on what workforce is available in your practice or PCN.
These are relevant to all of the conditions and can support management of low, medium and high risk categories.
The videos below goes through each protocol in detail and how to use them.
Training and education
We offer a variety of education and training, including:
- Communications training to enable delivery of the protocols utilising motivational interviewing and health coaching techniques.
- Best practice in virtual consultations – practical training and support to deliver high quality remote consultations. This training has been developed in partnership with the Royal Free NHS Foundation Trust. Details of training dates and how to book onto these sessions will be available soon.
- Condition-specific training that our clinical team has developed. We are working with local Training Hubs to provide training on each of the conditions covered by the frameworks.
- Practical training links and digital resources covering for example, how to use a blood pressure machine.
Health coaching/ motivational interviewing training
Because no one likes being told what to do, we suggest everyone contacting patients to support education, self management and behaviour change receives training to enable better personalised care for patients.
In partnership with CareCity, we have developed training to support the workforce to use the protocols, underpinned with motivational interviewing and health coaching techniques.
Please contact email@example.com for more information and to join one of these courses.