UCLPartners and the London Voluntary Sector Council have jointly produced a summary of the key points made in six reports on the voluntary and community sector, published throughout 2016.
The six reports are largely inspired by the NHS Five Year Forward View, which identifies the need for stronger partnerships with the charitable and voluntary sector.
UCLPartners has worked with the London Voluntary Service Council (LVSC) to produce this document to help people make sense of the current VCS landscape, and understand what it has to offer the NHS and social care, and potential future ways of working. It covers six key areas:
- The current state of the voluntary and community sector
- The evidence base around VCS engagement
- Stakeholders for the VCS in London and beyond
- Challenges to realising the potential of the VCS to contribute to health and care outcomes
- Principles of good practice
- Recommendations for the future of VCS engagement.
Read the summary report here.