The publication of this annual list was delayed this year due to the pandemic. Seven individuals from the partnership were honoured for their work in relation to COVID-19.
Honours awarded to those within the UCLPartners community included:
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Michele Elliott, Divisional Director at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust was awarded an MBE for services to nursing particularly during COVID-19.
Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Jessica Lauren Horne, Clinical Lead, Respiratory Physiotherapy, Whittington Health NHS Trust was awarded a British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to the NHS during COVID-19.
- Hannah Mary Angland, Lead Nurse, Integrated Community Ageing Team, Islington, was awarded a BEM for services to nursing during COVID-19.
Barts Health NHS Trust
- Charles James Knight, Chief Executive, St Bartholomew’s Hospital, Clinical Director and Consultant Cardiologist, Barts Health NHS Trust was awarded an OBE for services to the NHS and people with heart disease.
- Caroline Alexander, Group Chief Nursing Officer receives a CBE for services to nursing.
- Pa Assan Badjan, a porter in the emergency department at The Royal London Hospital, receives a BEM for services to the NHS.
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Una McCrann, Feeding Disorder Practitioner, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust, awarded an MBE for services to nursing.
University College London
- Imran Rasul, Professor of Economics, University College London, was awarded an OBE for services to Social Sciences.
- Sally Margaret McGregor, Emeritus Professor of Child Health and Nutrition, Institute of Child Health, University College London, was awarded an OBE for services to early childhood development in developing countries.
- Professor Sophie Scott (UCL Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience), Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience, was awarded a CBE for services to neuroscience.
- Professor Sarah Walker (MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL), Professor of Medical Statistics, received an OBE for services to academia and the COVID-19 response.
- Professor Tim Baker (UCL Mechanical Engineering) received an MBE for services to Healthcare in the UK and Abroad during Covid-19.
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Professor Graham Medley has been awarded an OBE for his services to infectious disease control, particularly the COVID-19 response in the UK.
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH)
- Dr Clare Gerada MBE, Non-Executive Director of University College London Hospital was awarded a Damehood for services to General Practice.
- Ann Hannah, RRL operations and histology manager at Health Service Laboratory, received a BEM for her services to healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Professor Michael “Mick” Peake, the Clinical Director of the Centre for Cancer Outcomes at UCLH, was given an OBE.
- Terry Allen, a porter with Interserve at UCLH, received a BEM for services to the NHS during COVID-19.
Professor Mike Roberts, Managing Director of UCLPartners said:
“These awards are well deserved and recognise the outstanding contribution these individuals have made to the NHS and medical science. It’s thanks to passionate and hard-working individuals like these that we are able to provide world class care for patients across our partnership and beyond.
“My congratulations go to all those recognised, we are very fortunate to work alongside each and everyone of you”