Members of the UCLPartners community who have been honoured include:
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- Jinjer Kandola, Chief Executive has been awarded an MBE for her services to Mental Health, particularly during the COVID-19 response.
Barts Health NHS Trust
- Alwen Williams, Group Chief Executive, Barts Health NHS Trust, has been made a dame for her leadership in the NHS over a 40-year career.
- Dr Gloria Rowland, Director of Midwifery, Barts Health NHS Trust receives an MBE for services to midwifery.
- Anne Claydon, Diabetes Nurse Consultant at Barts Health NHS Trust, receives a BEM for services to nursing during COVID-19
- Becky Platt, Advanced Clinical Practitioner, receives a BEM award in the Overseas and International List for services to humanitarian response.
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust / Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Mohammad Tayyab Haider, Medical Director, receives an MBE for services to the NHS, particularly during the COVID-19 response and to the community in Essex.
City of London and London Borough of Hackney
- Susan Crocker, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Head of Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, City of London and London Borough of Hackney, receives an MBE for services to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT)
- Debbie Buck, Clinical Practice Lead, receives a BEM for services to mental health nursing, particularly during the COVID-19 response.
Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Elaine Anne Cloutman-Green, Principal Clinical Scientist, Infection Prevention and Control and Joint Trust Lead Healthcare Scientist, has been awarded a BEM for services to healthcare.
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Dr Shikandhini Kanagasundrem, Director of Infection Prevention and Control and Consultant Microbiologist at the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, receives an OBE for services to microbiology, infection prevention and control, particularly during the COVID-19 response.
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- Professor Partha Kar, joint Clinical Lead of the Getting It Right First Time programme’s diabetes workstream, has been made OBE for services to people with diabetes.
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH)
- Professor Suneetha Ramani Moonesinghe, Consultant Anaesthetist, receives an OBE for services to anaesthesia, perioperative and critical care.
University College London
- Professor David Ormerod QC, (UCL Laws) has been appointed a CBE for services to criminal justice.
- Professor Mohan Edirisinghe (UCL Mechanical Engineering) has been awarded an OBE for services to biomedical engineering.
- Professor Lorraine Sherr (UCL Institute for Global Health) has been made an MBE for services to vulnerable children and families.
Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Michelle Johnson, Chief Nurse at the Whittington Hospital, has been made an MBE for services to nursing, particularly during the COVID-19 response.
Professor Mike Roberts, Managing Director of UCLPartners said:
“Congratulations to everyone receiving an honour. This year’s list recognises the incredible efforts that our partners have made, delivering outstanding contributions to the NHS and medical science, particularly in the continuing fight against COVID-19.”
Read the full New Year Honours 2021 lists here.