DigitalHealth.London Accelerator opens for applications from high potential digital health start-ups and businesses
Launched in September 2016, the DigitalHealth.London Accelerator programme is uniquely positioned to provide in-depth knowledge of the NHS, and support high potential digital health starts-ups and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to refine their products and scale their innovations across health and care organisations in London.
Running over three consecutive years, the Accelerator programme aims to work with around 80 SMEs (20/30 each year) and focuses on engagement with every health and care organisation in London to benefit patients, founders, economy, Londoners and partner organisations.
DigitalHealth.London Accelerator is open for online applications from digital health start-ups and SMEs and would welcome applications from every borough in London, including clinical entrepreneurs, women in tech, universities, research organisations, young entrepreneurs and communities with limited access to technology.
The application process will consist of two stages: an online application and a panel interview.
DigitalHealth.London Accelerator will review applications based on business credibility, ability to tackle a real health and care problem in London and how each company may benefit from the Accelerator programme. Successful applicants will be invited to a panel interview between 12 June and 23 June 2017. Following further review, places on the year-long programme will be awarded and company names announced in September 2017.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 Thursday 20 April 2017.
Throughout the programme, the cohort of SMEs will be encouraged to attend (by “invitation-only”) highly informative events to build up their knowledge and network to tackle the challenges when scaling up their business with the NHS and the wider healthcare system.
- Day-to-day contact and quarterly meetings with Navigator to diagnose business needs, agree on the quarterly goals and track progress
- ‘Meet the Expert’ workshops and 1:1 clinics structured around a particular theme of interest to SMEs
- Pitching workshops, speed dating and quick fire pitches to the NHS and investors
- Networking and presentation opportunities at NHS forums and conferences
- Access to specific calls from a wide networks of partners
- Access to the Innovation Voucher scheme to engage with clinicians and healthcare organisations
- Access to a panel of mentors committed to supporting SMEs
- An invitation to the cohort-wide socials and opportunities for SMEs to collaborate
Benefits to start-ups and SMEs
- Tailored expertise and support delivered by Digital Health (NHS) Navigators
- Engagement with healthcare experts and digital leads in every health and care organisation in London
- First-hand advice on products in development and business models
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of the programme, attend the Accelerator Information Day on 1 March. Places are limited, so sign up today.