Honours awarded to those from UCLPartners partner organisations included:
University College London Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Chris Whitty, who is the Chief Medical Officer for England and an infection doctor at UCLH’s Hospital for Tropical Diseases, received a knighthood (KCB) for his services to public health and leadership during COVID-19.
- Consultant radiographer Dr Nick Woznitza received a Member of the Order of the British Empire for his services to radiography and to the COVID-19 response.
University College London
- Professor John Hardy, Chair of the Molecular Biology of Neurological Disease, University College London received a knighthood for services to human health in improving understanding of dementia and neurodegenerative diseases
- Lord Kakkar was made a Knight Bachelor for services to healthcare and public health. Lord Kakkar is an Emeritus Professor of Surgery at UCL and former Chair of UCLPartners.
- Professor Russell Viner was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for services to child and adolescent health, particularly during COVID-19. He is Professor in Adolescent Health at UCL.
- Professor Hugh Montgomery was appointed Officer of the Order of British Empire for services to intensive care medicine and climate change. He is Professor of Intensive Care Medicine at UCL and Director of the UCL Centre for Human Health and Performance. He also co-chairs the international Lancet Countdown, which tracks how climate change is affecting human health.
- Professor Alan Cottenden, Emeritus Professor of Incontinence Technology at UCL was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire for services to sufferers of incontinence.
Barts Health NHS Trust
- Professor Nick Lemoine has been awarded a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his services to clinical research, particularly during COVID-19. Nick is a clinical academic at Barts Health, Director of the Barts Cancer Institute and the National Medical Director for the Clinical Research Network at the NIHR.
- Professor Ali Jawad, consultant rheumatologist, has been awarded an Order of the British Empire for his services to healthcare.
- Oyebanji (Banji) Adewumi, the former Associate Director of Inclusion at Barts Health has received a Member of the Order of the British Empire for her services to the NHS and diversity.
Commenting on the honours Dr Chris Laing, Interim Managing Director, UCLPartners said: “Congratulations to those across our partnership who have been honoured in recognition of their outstanding contribution to healthcare. We are privileged to work alongside such hard-working individuals who have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic providing world-class care for patients.”