About this event
- How do you vaccinate a large and diverse population at pace and scale?
- What approaches are there to engage people and increase uptake?
- How can we improve access and reduce inequalities for vulnerable population groups?
- What can we learn from the activities that have been implemented so far to improve uptake in the remaining cohorts?
In our next Doing Things Differently webinar, we will focus on the COVID-19 vaccination programme in London and learn about the approaches and experiences in different settings:
- Dr Ammara Hughes and Dr Raj Gil, GPs in Camden, will talk to us about their community engagement work and the successes they have seen through pop-up clinics and outreach work.
- Dr Vanessa Apea from Barts Health NHS Trust will talk about their programme to engage and support their workforce to get the vaccine.
- Dr Sharon Raymond, GP, will talk about the events she has been running across the whole of London to improve access.
- Finally, we’ll hear from Steven Platts, the Chief Executive of Groundswell and Dr Binta Sultan, a consultant physician in inclusion health in the Find&Treat team at UCLH, talking about their work with people experiencing homelessness.
There will be a brief presentations from our speakers, followed by a panel discussion and opportunity for open questions from participants. If you have any questions you would like to submit ahead of the session, please include them when you register.
The session will be held on MS Teams and you will require a link to join. This will be circulated to all registered participants at least 24 hours before the event starts, so please ensure you include a valid email address that you have access to on the day.
Who should attend?
This webinar is open to anyone working in health and social care who is interested in learning about the approaches and activities that enable optimum uptake of the vaccine. We are focusing on activities in London, but believe the learning is relevant to all, so participants are welcome from across the UK and beyond.
About the series
Doing Things Differently is a series of virtual sessions hosted by UCLPartners looking at how the experience of managing the COVID-19 pandemic can be used to deliver care differently in future. The emerging nature of the crisis required teams and organisations to adopt an agile approach and change the way they worked, which has resulted in episodes of excellence that we can all learn from. Each session will have a different topic focus and/or setting, but the lessons will have broad interest and applicability.
Sign up for this event