This is the first of the ‘Activating Research’ webinar series presented by NIHR ARC North Thames Academy
Engaging in research is vital in addressing questions that arise in health and social care, producing new evidence and research to improve patient care.
This series of webinars presented by NIHR ARC North Thames Academy is inspired by our Becoming Research Active in-person workshop and intended as an introduction to engaging in research for frontline health and social care professionals with limited experience and knowledge of research.
The following topics will be covered during the first webinar;
• An overview of what research is.
• Personal journeys into and through a research career.
• How to be a research leader.
• Opportunities for getting involved in research through your trust/organisation.
By the end of the session, attendees will:
• Have a greater understanding of the importance of research.
• Be able to identify the pathways to developing a research project and potentially career.
These webinars are aimed at nurses, allied health professionals, public health or local government staff from NHS Trusts, NHS CCGs and Local authorities. Participants might have done a Masters level module in collecting and analysing data, or critical appraisal of research, or have helped to support research in your organisation or attended another one of our Academy courses. It is not aimed at academics and/or researchers.
For more information about this series of webinars and the associated skills sessions, please click here.
Sign up for this event