Senior Research Analyst
15 April 2021
The post holder will provide evaluation expertise directly to partners as part of commissioned activities, work alongside Higher Education Institutions as part of larger-scale projects, and provide support to colleagues internally to help capture the benefit and impact of our work. This is a new post which offers plenty of scope to make a difference to a population of 6 million people across the UCLPartners region, as well as impacting at a national level. The role will work closely with senior leaders in healthcare from a range of organisations in a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in healthcare in a research, evaluation or analytical capacity. Candidates may come from either a qualitative or quantitative research background, and will be provided with opportunities to further develop their skills and expertise. Candidates from either background will be expected to conduct and commission work including research methods and study design, literature or systematic reviews, rapid evidence syntheses, report writing, data collection and analysis, data modelling and statistical analyses.
Key working relationships within the organisation will be with the Director of Integrated Care, Evaluation Lead, Public Health Specialist, Health Economist, Heads of Programmes, Project Managers, and the Patient Insight and Involvement Lead. Relationships will also be developed with key contact points at our Higher Education Institutions across UCLPartners, and with individual commissioners of work from NHS provider organisations, regional-level bodies (including Integrated Care Systems) and national organisations (including NHS England and NHS Improvement, Public Health England and NHSX)
• Lead, and provide support to, programme evaluations to understand their impact on patient experience and outcomes, and other measures of organisation and system impact
• Deliver evidence reviews – including literature reviews, rapid evidence syntheses, and systematic reviews – to support our external partners and internal programme teams
• Where appropriate, sub-contract or commission evidence reviews by academic teams from across the partnership
• Disseminate the results of evidence reviews in relevant forums and media, working with our communication team and collaborating with our partner community across academic, NHS and other stakeholders
• Provide interpretation of, and advice on, the application of research evidence to internal and external teams
• Conduct regular scans of recently published work, from the UK and internationally, relevant to UCLPartners’ priority programmes
• Postgraduate degree in healthcare-related or other relevant discipline (MSc or equivalent)
• Understanding of the NHS landscape including the role of regional and national bodies
• Understanding of, and experience of applying, analytical methods to interrogate and analyse health and care data
• Understanding of evidence synthesis and systematic review methodology
• Excellent writing skills with a proven track record of delivering high-quality reports
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
The Senior Research Analyst will report to the Evaluation Lead, and work closely with the Director of Integrated Care. The role is a permanent position. The remuneration for this post is £40,000 – £55,000. UCLPartners offers flexible working arrangements to staff.
Closing date 15th April 11:59pm
Interviews 23rd April