Patient Involvement & Engagement Lead
29 September 2021
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about and experienced in involvement and engagement to ensure that patients, the community and the wider public are at the forefront of UCLPartners’ work.
You will take a leading role in ensuring we take a strategic approach to PPIE at UCLPartners, maximising opportunities to embed patient insights in our work and leveraging the collective capabilities of PPIE leads across our partnership. You will directly develop and deliver PPIE activities, as well as coach and support UCLPartners staff across different teams to embed effective and meaningful PPIE in their work.
You will develop effective working relationships with PPIE leads in partner organisations to deliver collaborative PPIE activities, sharing best practice and ensuring that our work is robustly informed by a diverse range of patient, carer and public insights. We work particularly closely with the PPIE function in our National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) North Thames, and part of the role will include giving strategic and operational guidance and support to their PPIE activities.
This role will be one of two Patient Involvement & Engagement Lead roles at UCLPartners, who will work together closely to develop, deliver, monitor and evaluate our PPIE strategy. Reporting into the Director of Communications and Engagement, you will be part of the communications and engagement team at UCLPartners, who together develop and deliver communications and public and patient involvement across the breadth of UCLPartners’ work, spanning multiple research and innovation designations.
Core duties and responsibilities
· Deliver, monitor and evaluate UCLPartners’ PPIE strategy, working collaboratively with colleagues and patient and public partners
· Drive and promote innovative ways of involving patients, carers and the public, challenging traditional methods and working across the partnership to ensure insight and involvement is fully integrated and embedded in health and care research, innovation and education.
· Provide visible leadership in the development and maintenance of a positive culture, standards and values for PPIE with UCLPartners and its partner organisations
· Connect the partnership to existing networks within PPIE, and develop new links through networking across the UCLPartners region and beyond to develop collaborative working that delivers benefits for the population served by UCLPartners
· Develop effective systems to capture the impacts of PPIE across UCLPartners and ensure that this impact is widely shared internally and externally.
· Develop and support a UCLPartners PPIE panel, including actively recruiting new members, organising PPIE panel meetings and providing support, guidance and training to current and prospective members
· Facilitate involvement of people and communities from a wide variety of backgrounds, reflecting the diversity of our region, and UCLPartners’ commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
· Represent UCLPartners at regional and national meetings and events, and create presentations, reports and papers for UCLPartners for wider dissemination of our PPIE work
· Advise on reward and recognition for public contributors in line with best practice, process expenses, forecast and review budget expenditure.
· Remain up to date on national and international approaches to, and best practice around, PPIE
· Provide expert PPIE advice to UCLPartners staff working across our three pillars of research, innovation and education.
· Work with the communications team to ensure that PPIE activities and opportunities are widely publicised across multiple networks and channels, including the UCLPartners website
· Carry out any other duties as requested by the line manager
Find out more and apply
The role is full-time (four days a week also considered).
Closing date to apply is 5pm, 29 September. Interviews are due to take place on 13/14 October.