Informatics Programme Lead
23 July 2021
The Programme Lead will be responsible for the successful operational delivery of the AHSC Data and Clinical Informatics programme, and for shaping its ongoing development in collaboration with AHSC members and partner organisations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for delivering the North Thames GMS Alliance Informatics Transformation Programme, which aims to develop and evaluate a mechanism for converting current genetic/genomic test reports into a structured format and enable novel clinical and research use.
The ideal candidate will be forward-looking, driven and able to work across multiple organisations to build networks and foster collaboration. They will have a proven track record managing complex programmes, and experience working within a data and informatics environment/role. In this new role you will report to the AHSC Director of Data and Clinical Informatics, Professor Neil Sebire.
- Work with key stakeholders across the AHSC and GMS Alliance community, partners and wider NHS, to understand the landscape/context, support the delivery of the Programmes’ objectives, and refine areas of investigation for thought leadership and research.
- Develop an engagement strategy, identifying and building support for the programme through strong relationships with clinical informatics leads and collaborators.
- Work with both internal (e.g., Data-Can) and external institutional partnerships such as HDR-UK, OneLondon and the Genomic Laboratory Hub to support the programme objectives.
- Establish and drive the programme governance structure and workstreams. Ensure cross-reporting across workstreams, and put in place actions to increase impact.
- Lead the co-ordination of the workstream programmes, ensuring that delivery is on track and identifying mitigating actions where necessary. Determine and track delivery milestones, key performance indicators and other impact measures.
- Propose and develop case studies, reports and other media as appropriate. Provide effective, timely content for the communications team.
- Devise and support the delivery of effective meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences etc.
- Plan and coordinate ongoing strategic reviews of the programme.
- Ensure wider benefits of collaboration across UCLPartners designations are an integral part of the programme of work, and foster explicit links with informatics leads in each of those teams.
- Work closely with our PPIE team to ensure that public and patient views are well represented within workstream activities.