Improvement Projects Manager
25 January 2021
Reporting to the Head of Improvement and Assurance, the post holder will be the day-to-day lead on a range of projects supporting our partners to deliver the best possible care for the population. Example current projects include: helping front line teams in London to implement scheduled appoints in emergency departments; working with hospital staff to implement innovations for stroke patients; and helping bring audit data to life so that teams can improve cardiac care.
The role requires an adaptable and creative individual who is experienced in using improvement methods, such as the IHI Model for Improvement, and will be able to create and deliver improvement projects both within UCLPartners and for our partners.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, this post offers an exciting opportunity to lead improvement projects in a growing team working with over 40 partner organisations. The role will work closely with senior leaders in healthcare from a range of organisations in a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
- Deliver key improvement and patient safety projects, working with the Head of Improvement and Assurance and the Head of Patient Safety
- Build strong relationships with colleagues from across the organisation – including, but not limited to, the primary care, mental health and education teams – to ensure improvement methodologies support the delivery of UCLPartners’ core programmes
- Provide improvement advice to and coaching to external partners as part of UCLPartners programmes, including delivering webinars and online training sessions
- Provide operational management for the projects on a day to day basis, including: coordination of all project documentation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Work with the clinical and project leads to develop and maintain robust governance and reporting structures for the projects, including budget management and reporting to funders.
- Work with the UCLPartners communications team to engage stakeholders and promote the success of projects
- Build and maintain effective relationships with UCLPartners colleagues as well as external stakeholders from partner organisations, ensuring clear and effective channels of communication
- Be an active member of the UCLPartners team, contributing to an effective management system, adhering to, and contributing ideas for improvements in the corporate policies and ways of working.
- Experience of implementing improvement projects/programmes within a health or social care setting, using the IHI Model for Improvement
- Experience of end-to-end project management, including governance and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Good understanding of the NHS and objectives of relevant bodies e.g. Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Strategic thinking and ability to create strategies based on input from colleagues
- Good understanding of alternative improvement models, such as LEAN, and how they compare to the Model for Improvement