30 April 2021
The Finance Director has responsibility for two core areas. First is to give the board of directors confidence in our financial management both in terms of stability and sustainability and support the Managing Director in structuring the financial position of the organisation. Second, is to build relationships with finance leads and external stakeholders, working in partnership with commissioners such as NHS England, other academic health science networks (AHSNs) and partner organisations.
The Finance Director will ensure that the company complies with all statutory financial obligations and requirements; has an effective system of internal financial control including ensuring that detailed financial procedures and systems incorporating the principles of separation of duties and internal checks are prepared, documented and maintained; co-ordinate the development of the Company’s three-year financial plan; monitor financial performance against plans on a quarterly basis and report on these to the executive central team, executive members and Trust Board on a regular basis; produce the Statutory Annual Accounts for approval by the Trust Board and audit by the Company’s Auditors; and ensure full compliance with tax and pension regulations. They are also responsible for ensuring appropriate treasury management is in place.
The Finance Director will advise the Managing Director, Company Board, Executive members, the senior management team and all company employees on all aspects of financial strategy, policy development and financial controls and systems. As such, this role will contribute to the development, strategic direction and success of the organisation.
- To ensure efficiency, effectiveness, integrity and business focus of all financial systems and processes and promote these key attributes to all Company employees whether directly employed or indirectly
- To support performance and the achievement of the company’s objectives
- Management and development of the finance team
- To be responsible for financial assurance and governance that all key financial systems are operating effectively and effectively
- CCAB qualification
- Educated to degree level
- Senior level experience in finance either in the public sector or healthcare setting
- Experience working at a senior level in complex organisations reporting at Board level
- A track record of working successfully to influence key stakeholders
- Experience in developing strategies to meet challenging operational needs
- Knowledge of the NHS national health and social care strategy and policy and the clinical research landscape
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact email@example.com