The preparatory work of the kick-off and mobilisation phase will set you up for the implementation phase. During this phase, you will test out how the frameworks are implemented in your local area. We advise initially focusing on a small number of pilot PCNs and one condition. Through sharing key challenges and solutions of the experience implementing the frameworks in pilot PCNs, your area will be able to develop a locally adapted approach for implementation. This can form the basis of a plan and delivery of broader roll-out across your local area.
Aim, key activities and outcomes
The key aims of this phase are to drive implementation, identifying and overcoming implementation barriers and facilitating knowledge sharing across PCN.
The key activities to focus on during this phase are:
- Implement adapted pathways to see patients in new approach
- Deliver approach for sharing learning (community of practice) and use of quality improvement approaches
- Continue to adapt frameworks to fit local system based on implementation experience
- Continue to maintain links to national and local initiatives and report into local system governance for long-term conditions/personalised care
- Monitor collected metrics sharing key learning and adapting approach
- Continue to upskill staff helping them to apply skills and provide new joiners with relevant training
By the end of the implementation phase, you would want to have achieved the following:
- Implemented plan for pilot focusing on small number of sites and patients
- Established meetings for sharing learning/community of practice
- Collected metrics and key learning
- Finalised plan for broader roll-out based on pilot implementation learning
To support you with the implementation phase, we have developed the following key documents and tools.