In response to the COVID-19 pandemic there have been huge efforts across the primary care system to change ways of working in order to keep patients and staff safe. These changes have included creating new local care pathways, adopting methods for conducting virtual assessments and encouraging self-management and self-assessment where appropriate.
In order to help primary care teams build new ways to provide proactive care and prevent exacerbations of long-term conditions, we have designed this support package.
Conditions we cover
This support package focusses on the management of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Type 2 diabetes (coming soon)
- Cardiovascular disease (coming soon)
This support package can help your team to:
- Identify patients with long-term conditions
- Stratify their level of risk
- Mobilise the wider workforce, e.g. HCAs, clinical pharmacists, physician associates, to support the proactive management of patients (we offer a comprehensive training and education package)
- Better enable patient self-management
You can gain access to all the resources developed to support delivery of this model of care. These include:
- Search and risk stratification tools
- Education and training for contacting low risk patients
- Education and training for contacting medium and high risk patients
- Digital tools to support both patients and workforce
Our in-house team are able to provide clinical and project management support for local pathway adaptation. This includes training and education for HCAs, pharmacists and others, comprised of virtual workshops, evaluation and communities of practice.
To discuss how this additional offer could work for you please email email@example.com.
The video below talks through the full package of support:
Download slides which describe the full support package here.
Development of this support package has been led by UCLPartners’ clinical advisory group: