Quality Improvement for Supervisors
27 June 2019, 9.30am - 7 June 2021, 1.30pm
One event on 27 June 2019 at 9:30am
This one-day session provides supervisors with the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to participate and or support QI initiatives using a systematic approach.
Based on the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Model for Improvement, this course gives supervisors the opportunity to learn the key methodology of quality improvement and learn how to support others in getting started with running improvement projects.
What does the course cover?
You will learn how to:
- Describe the Model for Improvement and Plan, Do, Study, Act cycles
- Identify aims using driver diagrams tools and technques to support choosing a project
- Understand the specifics of measuring for improvement
- Understand how to plan and carry out tests of change
- Understand and know yourself and your trainees
- Understand how to use the GROW model to coach trainees
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for anyone supervising trainees doctors, nurses or AHPs within the UCLPartners region.
If your organisation is not part of UCLPartners’ region, please get in touch!
Please note that although this event is free, a holding fee of £50 is taken and will be charged for non-attendance or for cancellations made less than seven days before the event without a valid reason. If you want to change your booking contact us QI@UCLPartners.com