- This event has passed.
Re-thinking Medicine – Creating value for the population we serve
25 September 2018, 5.00pm - 8.00pm
This event forms part of our popular Primary Care Development workshop series.
This workshop will discuss the current challenges of the existing medical model of care, like over-prescribing and over-treatment. It will also explore how disconnected initiatives such as social prescribing and shared decision making are part of ‘re-thinking medicine’ with an opportunity for primary and community care to take the lead.
Professor Martin Marshall, (Programme Director- Population Health and Primary & Community Care, UCLPartners; Vice-Chair, RCGP; Professor of Healthcare Improvement- Primary Care and Population Health, UCL ) will set the scene using current conversations and case for re-thinking medicine. A panel of esteemed experts from health, public health and social care will discuss the local context and interventions supporting the ‘re-thinking medicine’ agenda locally across the UCLPartners partnership.
The event will be followed by a drinks reception providing the opportunity to network with local leaders in primary care and population health.
This event continues UCLPartners’ series of Primary Care Development workshops:
- ‘Making the primary care development strategy work for you’ (June 2016)
- ‘Designing the primary care workforce of the future’ (September 2016)
- ‘New models of care in primary care – ‘at-scale general practice’’ (February 2017)
- ‘At-scale general practice: contribution of the non-medical workforce’ (June 2017)
- ‘Are e-consultations the answer to the access challenges in general practice?’ (September 2017)
- Practice nurses, nurse practitioners and GPs, as shared leaders – working together to lead transformation in general practice (January 2018)