Measurement for Improvement
4 February 2020, 9.00am - 5.00pm
One event on 15 November 2019 at 9:00am
One event on 4 February 2020 at 9:00am
One event on 10 April 2020 at 9:00am
One event on 10 June 2020 at 9:00am
“How do you know if the changes you are making are leading to improvement? Simple: you measure.”
Institute of Healthcare Improvement IHI
Are you running improvement projects for your organisation?
Do you find measuring progress and success a challenge?
When it comes to improving quality and applying quality improvement methodologies, measurement is often perceived as a challenge. However, it can be more straight forward and less time intensive than expected.
UCLPartners has developed this one-day course to help people running improvement projects to equip themselves with the skills and knowledge to successfully measure and evaluate improvement.
What does the course cover?
Based on the Institute of Healthcare Improvement’s methodologies, this course will enable you to:
- Develop meaningful aims
- Choose and define appropriate measures
- Map processes
- Understand and complete driver diagrams
- Plan and execute your data collection
- Work with Pareto, Bar, Run and Statistical Control charts
- Understand, identify and evaluate data variation
- Analyse numerical and qualitative data
- Design reports and story boards
- Maximise the use of resources and networks
The course takes a practical and interactive approach to measurement, and participants will have the opportunity to work through a real-life project that they are currently working on.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for people working in health and social care organisations such as clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses, managers or administrators, who have previous experience of quality improvement work or quality improvement training.
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants are expected to be familiar with improvement methodologies, and have a practical understanding of techniques, such as PDSA cycles.
There will be some preparation work ahead of the session to enable you to make the most of the training. This will include:
- Identifying an improvement project
- Preparing a short summary of the improvement project
- Considering measures and measurement challenges relevant to your improvement project
- Agreeing to discuss your improvement project with the group throughout the day.
Partner organisations: A £50 deposit is required to secure your place, and will be refunded within 48 hours of attendance or early cancellation. See a list of our partner organisations, here.
Non-partners: £180 +VAT introductory offer
This course is also available on:
4 February 2020
10 April 2020
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact our delivery team at QI@uclpartners.com