- This event has passed.
Innovations in Primary care – engaging with creative new ideas to improve care for patients
14 May 2018, 2.30pm - 5.30pm
UCLPartners invites you to join us on Monday 14th May 2018 for the next of our popular Primary Care Development workshops. The latest workshop will explore innovations that have made a difference in primary care.
Leaders in primary care involved in implementing innovations including GPs, Practice Managers, Practice nurses, federation directors, commissioners and managers of primary care services, STP leaders, network/locality/CHIN leads.
John Craig (Chief Executive, Care City – Innovation test bed);
Dr Amanda Begley ( Director of Innovation and Implementation , UCLP)
NHS Innovation accelerator fellows for Lantum and Health Coaching and GPs who implemented them
Professor Martin Marshall (Programme Director – Primary Care Development, UCLPartners)
John Craig (Chief Executive, Care City – Innovation test bed) will speak about his experience supporting and introducing innovative solutions in primary care both as pilots and at scale. This will be followed by Dr Amanda Begley (Director of Innovation and Implementation, UCLP) discussing the evaluation of the NHS Innovation Accelerator programme to link practice with evidence.
Delegates will then have the opportunity to hear from NHS Innovation Accelerator fellows who are working in primary care, about their innovations and from GPs who have implemented them. These are:
This will be followed by a panel discussion. We will also share some information on the development of Innovation Exchanges across UCLP.
The event will close with remarks from Dr Charlie Davie, Managing Director, UCLPartners and will be followed by a drinks reception.
View the agenda here.
Download the presentations here:
Margaret Ancobiah – Introduction to Innovation Exchange
Amanda Begley – NIA – Primary Care
Penny Newman – Health Coaching – Innovations in Primary Care
Scott Rankin – Lantum – Powering Healthcare Staffing at Scale
This event continues UCLPartners’ series of Primary Care Development workshops:
- ‘Making the primary care development strategy work for you’ (June 2016)
- ‘Designing the primary care workforce of the future’ (September 2016)
- ‘New models of care in primary care – ‘at-scale general practice’’ (February 2017)
- ‘At-scale general practice: contribution of the non-medical workforce’ (June 2017)
- ‘Are e-consultations the answer to the access challenges in general practice?’ (September 2017)
- Practice nurses, nurse practitioners and GPs, as shared leaders – working together to lead transformation in general practice (January 2018)