- This event has passed.
IDH Industry Club: Genomics Insights
9 May 2018, 3.00pm - 5.30pmFree
It is an exciting time for the use of genomics in healthcare.
The ambition of the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy is for genomic data and other datasets are used to improve the discovery and targeting of therapies and to ensure that patients obtain more precise and useful diagnostic information in a range of disorders.
Collaborations will be essential to achieve this vision. Join the UCL Institute of Digital Health’s Industry Club to find out about new developments, opportunities and to meet potential partners.
- Prof Aroon Hingorani, UCL Chair of Genetic Epidemiology and Honorary Consultant at UCL Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science Director
- Dr Reecha Sofat, Senior Clinical Lecturer, Clinical Epidemiology, Institute of Health Informatics
- Louise Chisholm, Strategic Research Coordinator, UCL Institute of Digital Health
- Joanne Hackett, Chief Commercial Officer, Genomics England
The UCL Institute of Digital Health Industry Club brings together leaders from the digital health industry with leading UCL academics to:
- Share insights on the challenges faced by healthcare and the opportunities for digital health solutions and transformations
- Provide thought leadership, new perspectives, networking, new opportunities, and potential for recruitment
- Foster and develop collaborations between industry and UCL, including joint research projects, student placements, and projects