- This event has passed.
Human Factors Training for Healthcare Professionals
22 January 2018, 9.00am - 4.30pm
This one-day session provides attendees the understanding of how internal and external conditions affect our ability to provide high quality care by increasing awarness the human factors plays in maintating a safer practice
What are Human Factors?
Human Factors encompasses all factors which can influence people and their behaviour.
In a work context, human factors are the environmental, organisational and occupational factors, as well as individual characteristics, which influence behaviour at work.
This course will help you and your team understand the crucial part that human factors play in team and individual performance of tasks and is key to a safer healthcare.
What does the course cover?
- Understand how and why errors are made and how to avoid them
- Be able to recognise early signs of error and identify risks in advance
- Be able to communicate more effectively under pressure
- Have the knowledge to contribute to your organisation’s proactive safety culture
- Understand whether interventions can make it easier for you to provide the best quality of care.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for anyone working in health and care organisations such as clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses, managers or administrators, within the UCLPartners region.
If your organisation is not part of UCLPartners’ region, please get in touch!
Please note that although this event is free, a holding fee of £50 is taken and will be charged for non-attendance or for cancellations made less than seven days before the event without a valid reason.