- This event has passed.
Are e-consultations the answer to the access challenges in general practice?
20 September 2017, 5.30pm - 8.00pm
Are e-consultations the answer to the access challenges in general practice? will explore the emerging role of technologies such as apps, audio or video chat and email to support consultations between GPs and patients, in light of the current pressures on primary care.
Dr Jonty Heaversedge (Medical Director for Primary Care and Digital Transformation (London Region), NHS England) will reflect on how e-consultations fit with NHS England’s strategic vision for primary care in London.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from two local GPs using e-consultations in their practice, including Dr Murray Ellender (GP Partner, Hurley Group) and Dr Mobasher Butt (GP, Dr Jeffries and Partners, Hammersmith and Fulham).
The event will feature a facilitated panel discussion including Dr Sian Howell (GP Lead for Access, Healthy London Partnership), allowing you to debate the opportunities and drawbacks of introducing an e-consultation model, and the varying ways that different patient demographics engage with e-consultations. It will be followed by a drinks reception providing the opportunity to network with local leaders in primary care.
Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Reserve your place here.
Chair: Professor Martin Marshall (Programme Director – Primary Care Development, UCLPartners)
The event is primarily aimed at GP Federation leads, locality leads, STP primary care leads, CCG primary care leads, leads from community and public health, and patient representatives.
View the agenda here.
Download the presentations here:
- Martin Marshall – Are e-consultations the answer to access challenges in general practice – Introductory Slides
- Murray Ellender – Using e-consultations in General Practice
- Jonty Heaversedge – Online Consultations and the strategic vision for Primary Care in London
This event continues UCLPartners’ popular series of Primary Care Development workshops:
- ‘Making the primary care development strategy work for you’ (June 2016)
- ‘Designing the primary care workforce of the future’ (September 2016)
- ‘New models of care in primary care – ‘at-scale general practice’’ (February 2017)
- ‘‘At-scale general practice’: contribution of the non-medical workforce‘(June 2017)
If you have any queries about the workshop or the UCLPartners Primary Care Development programme, please contact:
Preeti Sud, Programme Manager, Primary Care Development (email@example.com)