Introduction to Economic Evaluation Workshop
– Need to demonstrate the economic impact of projects in your organisation?
– Want to assess the outcomes and sustainability of a new service?
– Have to carry out an economic evaluation task, but not sure where to start?
This course aims to provide an introduction to addressing these challenges.
What will I learn?
After attending this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to undertake your own simple economic evaluation of a local intervention or service, and be able to appraise other evaluations.
The course will:
- Introduce the basic principles of economic evaluation methods
- Explain how to assess the costs of an intervention/ service
- Explain how to measure and value outcomes of an intervention/ service
- Give practical examples of economic evaluation analysis
- Help to understand the use of economic evaluation in decision making
- Offer the opportunity to discuss in small groups the economic evaluation you are doing or thinking of doing. A facilitator will help scope your economic evaluation, draft its core elements, identify the data you will need to use, and plan to overcome information or data gaps
Who can attend?
This workshop is suitable for staff from NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and CCGs who need to evaluate local programmes or services from an economic perspective as part of their work. It is not aimed at academics and/or researchers.
In order to be most beneficial for the participants, we invite applications from individuals who are carrying out or soon will need to carry out an economic evaluation of a service/intervention. In the selection process, we will give priority to applications providing a detailed description of such projects. Groups of people working on the same project are encouraged to apply.
No previous knowledge of economics is required (or experience of study design and statistics), however an interest in economics and being comfortable with numbers is advantageous.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
How do I apply?
This course is free to attend.
To register your interest please complete the online application form by 6 March 2020.
Please note, a cancellation fee of £100 will be charged to both partner and non-partner delegates in the event of cancellation or non-attendance without notice after 5pm, 22 April 2020.
For more information please contact email@example.com
What have previous attendees said?
Excellent course. I’m very glad I booked on this course as it’s been invaluable at explaining economic evaluation to me in clear terms and is highly relevant to my work
Well organised, very knowledgeable presenters
Very good and helpful to build questions and confidence in how to bring in the economic evaluation