What are Human Factors?
Human Factors encompasses all those factors that can influence people and their behaviour. In a work context, human factors are the environmental, organisational and job factors, and individual characteristics which influence behaviour at work.
This course will help you and your team understand the crucial part that human factors play in team and individual performance of tasks.
At the end of the session you will:
- Understand the evidence for, scale of and impact of avoidable error in healthcare
- To gain an introductory level of Human Factors awareness
- Appreciate that Human Factors Science can provide effective solutions to a wide range of issues that challenge safety in healthcare organisations
- Understand the recurrent themes which contribute to error as illustrated with clinical case studies
- Be able to suggest your own workable personal strategies using simple evidencebased techniques which have been proven to work in High Reliability Organisations
- Have developed a positive attitude towards their organisation’s safety culture and be equipped to promote this in the workplace
Who should attend?
This training is open to all non-clinical and clinical staff working in UCLPartners region
6 external CPD points for full attendance
Please note that although this event is free, a holding fee of £50 is taken and will be charged for non-attendance or for cancellations made less than seven days before the event without a valid reason.
Upcoming dates available:
Wednesday 25 March
Unable to attend the remaining dates?
Register your interest: QI@uclpartners.com
This workshop is delivered by Practical Patient Safety Solutions Ltd, leading providers of Human Factors Training with a mixed faculty of medical consultants and airline pilot, with a background of 20 years of experience of delivering medical human factors training.