Breaking Down the Barriers training modules
What training packages and modules are available, and how can I access these as an individual or on behalf of my organisation?
Mental health awareness training for NHS acute emergency and urgent care settings
Assessment of a patient with urgent mental health needs in an NHS acute emergency and urgent care setting
- Module1: Assessment of a patient with urgent mental health needs in an emergency department. Assessing risk of harm to self or others, Mental Health Act (MHA), Mental Capacity Act, deliberate self-harm pathway, acute psychosis, and Mental Health Act assessment
- Module 2: Drugs and alcohol misuse
- Module 3: Psychotropic drugs and adverse effects.
Physical health awareness training for mental health settings
Managing acutely unwell and patients with long term conditions in a mental health setting
- Module 1: Assessment of the acutely unwell patient and NEWS/MEWS scores, interpretation of an ECG, acute neurology: fits and funny turns.
- Module 2: Management of the acutely unwell patient– simulation training
- Module 3: Physical health checks, who does what? National Audit of Schizophrenia health check, Lester tool and Health Improvement Profile (HIPs)
- Module 4: Managing patients with diabetes in a mental health setting
- Module 5: Managing patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including smoking cessation in a mental health setting
- Module 6: Managing sexual health of patients in a mental health setting.
Child and adolescent mental health and learning disabilities awareness training for GP practices
- Module 1: Whole GP practice mental health awareness training
- Module 2: Self harm awareness in children and adolescents
- Module 3: Eating disorders awareness in children and adolescents
- Module 4: Learning disabilities awareness in children and adolescents
Generic module for NHS healthcare settings
Case-based learning on serious incidents (SI’s)
- Module 1: Case-based learning on serious incidents (SI’s) g. sudden death, cardiac arrest, neglect cases.
Breaking Down the Barriers training materials are free to the NHS – find out how to access them here.
To register your interest in the training packages and associated modules and for more information on the programme, please contact Ronke Adejolu, Programme Manager, call direct on 020 3108 2319 or follow us on Twitter (@UCLPartners #UCLPartnersBreakingBarriers).