- This event has passed.
Challenge on Dementia 2020: Putting Words Into Action
10 March 2016, 8.00am - 5.00pm
One year after the publication of the Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia 2020 in February 2015, this conference examined the stated ambitions and how we in London have set out to meet the challenge so far.
The conference welcomed influential speakers including Alistair Burns, National Clinical Director for Dementia, NHS England.
You can download the final programme along with the presentations from the day.
- Conference programme
- Professor Alistair Burns, National Clinical Director for Dementia, NHS England
- Acosia Nyanin, Head of Inspection for Adult Social Care, CQC
- Dr Doug Brown, Director of Research and Development, Alzheimer’s Society
- Dr Dan Harwood, Clinical Director, London Dementia Strategic Clinical Network
- Piers Kotting, Programme Director, National Institute for Health Research and Join Dementia Research
- Professor June Andrews, Director, Dementia Services Development Centre, University of Stirling
- What matters most to older people?
- Seeing what they see: Compensating for cortical visual dysfunction in Alzheimer’s disease
- Observations of care project
- Living Well with Dementia
- Pan-London Dementia Action Alliance
- Building a culture of dementia awareness in Haringey
- Fix dementia care
- Improving end-of-life-care in acute hospitals and community in London